Monday, September 21, 2009

Pina Colada:


I have been looking at 'Mexican Fiesta 2009' for a week and have been thinking of some kind of contribution from my end. The idea of 'Pina Colada' popped up in my mind coz thats one of the favorite drink when I go to any Mexican restaurant. I have also been amazed by the way they serve this. Most of the time I have seen them serving this inside a coconut shell. So thought I would do with pineapple. 





Ingredients:


Pineapple juice - 1/3 cup
Coconut cream - 3 tbsp or Coconut milk - 1/3 cup
Vanilla ice cream - 1/3 cup
ice cubes - as require
Note: I wanted this without rum and so skipped this
Method: Add all the ingredients and mix them together in a blender.




"Hey is it just 'Pina Colada' for the fiesta. There is nothing new here and have been posted by most of the fellow bloggers" was something that was lingering in my mind. I should admit the fact that I always fail miserably when I try any dish for the first time. I make a perfect dish after trying for many times. So I didn't want to try something new and tough. 'Mexican Wedding Cookie' was something that was easy to make and at the same time tasty too. Here it is for you all


Mexican Wedding Cakes





Ingredients:
All-Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Butter - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Confectioner's Sugar - 1/2 cup
Almonds - 1/2 cup
vanilla extract - 2 tsps
almond extract - 2tsps


Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the almonds in a flat baking sheet and heat it in the oven for 5 min.
3. Allow it to cool and chop them to pieces by hand or a chopper.
4. In a large bowl mix the butter,sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract evenly.
5. Add chopped almonds, all-purpose flour and mix them well.
6. Make small 1 inch dia balls  out of the dough.
7. Refrigerate this for 1 to 2 hrs.
8. Place these dough balls in a cookie sheet and bake for 15 min till they are still white in color and firm.
9. Remove the sheet from oven and place the cookie in wire racks.
10. While the cookie is still warm roll them over confectioner's sugar.
11. Coat it again with confectioner's sugar after it's cooled completely. 
12. Wrap them using a chocolate wrap(optional).









I'm sending this to 'Mexican Fiesta 2009'





1 Comment:

  1. Nithya said...
    Wow.. this looks tempting. I like pinacolada too. But this cake is so new to me.. sure to try it soon.

Post a Comment