Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is one of my childhood favorite. My mother made this frequently during my school days. However after I got married and began to cook myself I totally forgot about this dish. Moreover as you know I cannot expect to find the gooseberry in any of the grocery store here.(with plantain flower already in the market these days, who knows we can also find a gooseberry very soon). My sweet mom had remembered my craving for gooseberry pickles and this pachidi that she brought some when she had come to visit us last yr. Thanks to the customs guys, they didn't throw it off. She had also stocked some sun dried gooseberry in my kitchen. I saw this last week when I was cleaning the cabinets(my bad!! I call myself a 'homemaker..:(..   ). Thought I would make this pachidi mainly for posting it in the blog and secondly for us to have with 'Parupu Podi'. 





Ingredients:


Fresh Gooseberry - 2 (or)
Dried gooseberry - 1 tbsp
coconut - 1 tbsp
green chillies - 2(add more if u like it spicy)
curd(yogurt) - 1 cup
salt - as required




Method:


1. Add gooseberry,coconut,green chillies and grind them to a smooth paste. Now add curd and salt to the paste. Dilute this with water to a pancake batter consistency. 
2. Goes well with any podis, vethakozhambu, adai, etc.


Variations:


Try it without gooseberry but with sour curd. This is an excellent side dish for adai.




3 Comments:

  1. Priya Suresh said...
    Delicious pachadi...
    Rekha shoban said...
    hi getan, thank for visiting my blog and for ur comment. i will add u has my follower.
    Sh... said...
    Thanks Priya & Rekha

Post a Comment