Friday, October 30, 2009

Rajma Pakora


I started this blog just to do something interesting during the very little free time I get in a day. From the day I started to visit the other blogs and got to know about the events being hosted, the idea of participating in the events drove me to steal some of the time I spent with my kid(nowadays my hubby dear takes care of putting our lil one to sleep, while I blog..:)). I have started to try something crazy too. One such thing that I arrived at is this Rajma Pakora. This was mainly to arrive at an entry for the event JFI Rajma by Divya Vikram.


This is all you would need for the pakora


Rajma - 1 cup
Par boiled rice - 1 cup
Red dry chillis - 6 nos
Green chillis - 2 nos
curry leaves - few nos
asafoetida - few pinches
salt - for taste
oil - for deep frying
turmeric - 1 teaspoon(optional)

Method

1. Soak rajma for 8 to 10 hrs and rice and dry red chillis together for 2 to 3 hrs.
2. Grind them together with green chillis to a coarse paste by adding very little water.
3. Add salt, asafoetida, curry leaves and turmeric(for color and flavor) and mix them together.
4. Heat oil in a wide pan.
5. Make small balls out of the batter and drop it in the smokey oil.
6. Let it fry till it turns crispy or golden brown.
7.Place it in absorbant paper to absorb excess oil.
8. I like to have this with tea. You can also pair it with ketchup or coconut chutney.



This recipe is participating in JFI Rajma event hosted by Divya Vikram originally started by Indira



6 Comments:

  1. Sanjana said...
    Great idea here! Sounds lovely!
    Sushma Mallya said...
    sounds really interesting..very innovative one...
    Padhu Sankar said...
    Rajma pakora looks delicious.New comer here .Do visit padhuskitchen.blogspot.com
    Raje said...
    Very interesting. Never thought of rajma with pakoras before! Sounds delicious.
    Unknown said...
    Wow..what a healthy pakora..cant wait to tryout..
    kitchen queen said...
    never heard of rajma pakoda, but it is worth trying.

Post a Comment